30 April 2012

New York Fed: Leave the Building!

Intellectual discourse is, of course, extraordinarily valuable in reaching truth. In this sense, I welcome the opportunity to discuss my views on the economy and monetary policy and how they may differ with those of you here at the Fed.
The Fed needs to hear this sort of perspective, as it is shared by a majority that is increasing in it's ratio to those who support the Fed and it's efforts to undermine the free market for the benefit of a few. This is the real class warfare we need to focus on, restoring liberty in the process of restoring our markets.
That said, I suspect my views are so different from those of you here today that my comments will be a complete failure in convincing you to do what I believe should be done, which is to close down the entire Federal Reserve System.

My views, I suspect, differ from beginning to end. From the proper methodology to be used in the science of economics, to the manner in which the macroeconomy functions, to the role of the Federal Reserve, and to the accomplishments of the Federal Reserve, I stand here confused as to how you see the world so differently than I do.

I simply do not understand most of the thinking that goes on here at the Fed, and I do not understand how this thinking can go on when in my view it smacks up against reality.

[...]


New York Fed: Leave the Building! - Robert Wenzel - Mises Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment