30 January 2012

Mayor Spends Week on Food Stamps

With the case of Las Vegas, I believe that the mayor is setting an example for the future. If water restrictions take a significant increase, life as it exists in the desert city may change forever. 

Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman (I) took up a local food bank's challenge to live on $4.06 per day -- the amount a single person on food stamps receives. "I didn't get to put any fruit on my meal plan this week," Goodman blogged. "And, there's not much variety in my vegetables. It's a good thing that I love tomato soup! ... I am relieved that I didn't have my family do the challenge with me. I can't imagine worrying if my children were struggling with hunger and so thankful that I had this choice."


Original Page: http://feeds.drudge.com/~r/retort/~3/wdBVmfuHhUI/mayor-spends-week-food-stamps

A sign of things to come?

No comments:

Post a Comment