15 January 2013

You Have To Quit Your Job

I'm sure there are more than a few of us in this position, wondering how to fix the world by fixing our own worlds.

This was going to end badly. I would play chess all day in my office with the door locked. My boss would knock on the door and I would put my headphones on and ignore him. People would complain that the software I wrote didn't work. My boss would say, "where were you yesterday" and I would say, "it was a Jewish holiday" even though there was none and he would say, "well…tell us next time if you leave." It was bad behavior. I was a slave trying to escape but I didn't know how. I wanted to start a business but I didn't know what. I wanted to create something but I would play games all day, burning up the fuel in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment